Hello and thanks for stopping in. A bit about me... I am an engineer, an outdoor enthusiast, and a weaver of tales that often end in wondrous, explosive mayhem. I'm what I like to call a 'Texafornian.' Born in Texas, raised in California, but I moved back to Texas about 20 years ago and here I am to this day.
I’ve loved fantasy ever since seeing my first Harryhausen movie. Throw in novels from the likes of Terry Brooks, J.R.R. Tolkien, Robert E. Howard, H.P. Lovecraft, Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, and Fred Saberhagen and I was hooked for life.
Back in the mid-90’s, I founded one of the earliest online ‘zines, Pegasus Online. Meanwhile, I started writing. Mostly short stories at first, but novels as well. Most of that early material never saw the light of day, though one short story—my first submission ever, actually—was published in the small press f/sf magazine, Realms. Of Rangers, Witches, and Grim Foretellings was a terribly written story about, you guessed it, rangers and witches. It’s safe to say it didn’t do my writing career any favors, though it did mark my start as a published author.
When I’m not reading or writing, I enjoy hitting the trails on my mountain bike, walking the dogs, or working outside around the house.
- Visit Assassin Tales and read the first three Assassin Without a Name stories for free
- Visit my store and pick up a book or two
- Read through my Book Reviews and find your next great read
- Check out my blog for some informative and sometimes entertaining content
- Visit the World of Uhl, a site dedicated to the world in which I set my stories