John Joseph Adams is looking for advanced readers for his upcoming anthology Seeds of Change. Follow the link for sign-up information. I commented in the blog post that I’d be interested and John shot me over an e-copy within an hour.
The copy reads:
Imagine the moment when the present ends, and the future begins–when the world we knew is no more and a brave new world is thrust upon us. Gathering stories by nine of today’s most incisive minds, Seeds of Change confronts the pivotal issues facing our society today: racism, global warming, peak oil, technological advancement, and political revolution. Many serve as a call to action. How will you change with the future?
It boasts a very nice list of authors:
- N-Words by Ted Kosmatka
- The Future by Degrees by Jay Lake
- Drinking Problem by K. D. Wentworth
- Endosymbiont by Blake Charlton
- A Dance Called Armageddon by Ken MacLeod
- Arties Aren’t Stupid by Jeremiah Tolbert
- Faceless in Gethsemane by Mark Budz
- Spider the Artist by Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu
- Resistance by Tobias S. Buckell
I’m especially interested in the last story by Tobias Buckell as it’s a Pepper story, a character I just got familiar with through Sly Mongoose.
If you’re interested in getting a free copy for posting a review, check out John’s post and make it so.