A weekly progress report as I work through the editing of my current fantasy novel.
This was not the best writing week for me (I could bore you with tales of Christmas parties, shopping for mountain bikes, and other stuff, but I won't). Still, I pulled off 12 pages, so not awful. Just not that good. I certainly did not meet my minimum goal of 20 pages or 5%. I think, however, that this week will be better.
It's good to report progress regardless of the progress itself, at least for me. It shows me where I'm at, and where I need to improve. Best of all, it's an excellent indicator of whether or not I'm staying on target. This past week I got a little off target, so I'll need to double my efforts and make sure I make my goal for this upcoming week.
Overall, I'm on page 85 out of 368.
I'm 23.1% complete, up about 3% from last week.
Word count stands at 107,872, down from last week's 108,415. You can really see a smoothing of the graph in recent weeks. This is not to say that it won't have another dramatic drop (or rise), but lately the word count has hit a plateau of sorts. It will be interesting to continue watching this as I get further along.