A weekly progress report as I work through the (second pass) editing of my current fantasy novel.
This was a good week. Much better than last, anyway. I managed to edit through 28 pages total, only 2 of which came from page reduction. That puts me at a current page of 125, up from last week's 99, out of 361 pages total, down from last week's 363.
Here's the first graph:
Percentage complete, now at 34.63% (I'm 1/3rd of the way there!):
Last, total word count, which now stands at 105,870 compared to last week's 106,591:
So, I dropped about 700 words, which more or less continues my downward trend as shown directly above. Still, I only reduced the total page count by 2 this time; most of the progress came from pushing forward.
I've been shooting for roughly 20 pages/week. From a full-time writer's perspective that probably isn't very good, but I don't think that's a fair outlook on things. You have to look at it from the perspective of someone who does this in his spare time after going to work every day. Anyway, the moral of this story is to write, however and whenever you can.
Hope to have some good progress to report next week as well. I've got one more day at work, then I'm off the remainder of the year, so I sure hope I'm able to make good use of the time.